What is the most unbalanced thing in PVP right now?

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.
Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:05 pm

There was a topic on Stratics saying they should raise the Faster Casting cap back to 4 with the reasoning that you should be able to cast Flamestrikes while a dexer is whailing on you.

Aren't those nova explosion or whatever potions a problem? I think someone used one on me so they could do a two-hit kill.
UOGuide - Must be a good website if Stratics wants to copy it!

Virem [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:07 pm

It's frenzied whirlwind.

The abundance of splinter weapons combined with the raised comp bow damage is a close second. 30 damage running shots at 1.25 seconds is too strong I think. It's not any one thing with archery, it's just a bunch of small things that makes it the strongest (and overall easiest) template in the game.
Last edited by Virem on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khal [GoD+]
the Adept Flamer

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:13 pm

Wakizashi (Frenzied Whirlwhind) - Forced walk for ages, cannot be removed by apple or anything, can be spammed (unlike para shot), does damage over time so impossible to cast.

You need to be able to apple it and it needs to have a cooldown.

Mortal Spam - There used to be a period of immunity where after you were mortaled you could not be mortaled again. This period was still shorter than the cooldown of apples. So it made timing a mortal for a sync take skill, but also made you think about when you apple. (It wouldn't be fair if the mortal CD and apple CD were the same.)

Further to this I died today because "The apple was not strong enough to purify you" when I was mortaled. You can spam it after but there is still a short cooldown.

Orc Brutes Randomness - Yesterday I got hit twice in 3 seconds. 70 damage in 3 seconds from an external source is retarded as fuck.

Spell focusing sash - Explode FS for 90+ damage as a scribe mage with charged sash.

Spellweaving - Will always be broken as fuck.

DCI when casting a spell. Seems like you have -600 DCI if you cast a spell.

No dachis are pretty gay as well when you are fighting outnumbered.

Everything else is pretty much fine and has some counterplay. Splintering weapons, DP, spell trigger, nova's are all fine.
aMadCow wrote:The best one is Khal and it's because he's a good healer.
Bane321 wrote:Cal, I don't know if you realize this, but he's been playing a mage for much longer than two years lol. And Btw, Moose is probably about just as good as you are at dueling.

Hobbes
the Apprentice Baker

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Dismount.
/end

But to add to the list of OP...
The hld buff/DCI nerf is a huge one.
Splinter shouldn't stack with specs .
frenzied whirlwind.
Moving shot (should greatly reduce accuracy or damage or speed).
Pixies.
Orc brutes.
Riding swipe vs gargs (also shouldn't inhibit animal form).
Being able to continue stealthing after taking dmg.
If all the above gets changed, then I would add cf.
Last edited by Hobbes on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vladimer [VLAD]
the Expert Troll

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:20 am

blitzs post on stratics recommended 3/6
SouthpaW wrote:You all suck so bad, like super bad. That's like regular bad, with a cape.

Hobbes
the Apprentice Baker

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:23 am

Hm...3/6 is interesting in theory, but I wonder how it would be in actuality. Maybe it would work out well.
Last edited by Hobbes on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vladimer [VLAD]
the Expert Troll

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:25 am

they should re add dagering =(
SouthpaW wrote:You all suck so bad, like super bad. That's like regular bad, with a cape.

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:02 am

Link wrote:There was a topic on Stratics saying they should raise the Faster Casting cap back to 4 with the reasoning that you should be able to cast Flamestrikes while a dexer is whailing on you.

Aren't those nova explosion or whatever potions a problem? I think someone used one on me so they could do a two-hit kill.
They only do a real lot if you have 50 ep and alchemy. Even then it's only around 20-25 damage and scales down based on distance from the target. They can be powerful if you gear your template to use it, but other than that I would say they are definitely not OP. I run an alchy mage, but I also sacrifice 100 scribe for that temp, which drops my sdi 10% and I lose probably more damage overall in the long run. But I also get the benefits of my other potions being more effective, like conflags, strengths, agilities, heals, etc.
To Desa,
Deep Balls wrote:Mike D working out, even he is disabled. He ll punch rigth into your face and probably insta kill u. Fuckin peasent. And he has turbo wheel chair, instead of simple one u shit kunt tard crocodile. Hilarius

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:07 am

Zeek wrote:It's frenzied whirlwind.

The abundance of splinter weapons combined with the raised comp bow damage is a close second. 30 damage running shots at 1.25 seconds is too strong I think. It's not any one thing with archery, it's just a bunch of small things that makes it the strongest (and overall easiest) template in the game.
Yeah. Hey, that's a great idea. Let's nerf everything Zeek doesn't play, or dies to, just a little bit.
To Desa,
Deep Balls wrote:Mike D working out, even he is disabled. He ll punch rigth into your face and probably insta kill u. Fuckin peasent. And he has turbo wheel chair, instead of simple one u shit kunt tard crocodile. Hilarius

McFly [NA]
the Novice Poster

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:11 am

Vladimer wrote:they should re add dagering =(

Baby, daggering never left.

Epilepsy [HOT]
the Posting Master

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:08 am

Fire elementals

Right link?
" You get pwned even when you have 2/1 odds cause most of your guild thinks tactics are breath mints."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKiQfBs9lo
RIP ANDY

Deep Balls [DOOP]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:37 am

Michael D
My personal list of players i enjoyed to play with: Miked, Khal, Genesis(before voodoo reformed), Labanese Diasesee, Peter Sensu, Moonshadow, Mr T, Haz, Chris, Chaz the Awesome(before he became complete shit at the game), Carter?, BG, Virem, Arnold, Boadi

Genesis [DOOP]
the Posting Master

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:54 am

Deep Balls wrote:Michael D
novi god

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:54 am

Deep Balls wrote:Michael D
:lol:
To Desa,

Deep Balls [DOOP]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:17 am

Orc Brute
Shattered Potions
Wakazashi, no dachi
Splitering weapon
Deathstrike
Bushido
Ninjitsu
Deathstrike
Gift of reneuwal, attument
Smoke Bomb
Teleport in stealth
211 stam suits
wolf form
My personal list of players i enjoyed to play with: Miked, Khal, Genesis(before voodoo reformed), Labanese Diasesee, Peter Sensu, Moonshadow, Mr T, Haz, Chris, Chaz the Awesome(before he became complete shit at the game), Carter?, BG, Virem, Arnold, Boadi

Paithan
the Eldest Elder

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:38 am

Khal wrote:Wakizashi (Frenzied Whirlwhind) - Forced walk for ages, cannot be removed by apple or anything, can be spammed (unlike para shot), does damage over time so impossible to cast.

You need to be able to apple it and it needs to have a cooldown.

Further to this I died today because "The apple was not strong enough to purify you" when I was mortaled. You can spam it after but there is still a short cooldown.

No dachis are pretty gay as well when you are fighting outnumbered.
I quoted what I agreed with
Bane321 wrote: No? Then show us a picture of your package.
Aeyko wrote: your micro penis is bigger than mine.

Paithan
the Eldest Elder

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:39 am

Deep Balls wrote: Shattered Potions
Wakazashi, no dachi
Splitering weapon
Quoted what I agreed with.

They need to be toned down or not be able to be spammed.
Bane321 wrote: No? Then show us a picture of your package.
Aeyko wrote: your micro penis is bigger than mine.

aMadCow
the Posting Master

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:55 am

disarm archers are just flat out OP, throwers base damage compared is fucking hilarious, add in the stpid fuckin "optimal" tiles away from the opponent and throwers just suck shit right now compared to archers except maybe 1v1, but in team situations disarm archers are fuckin op

orc brute is the dumbest thing in the game ive ever seen

the new perma slow walk on the new sword wep is just retarded

trap boxes ruined UO, almost completely negating the need for resist

mysticism is definitely over powered in terms of mages. Bringing a pure mage or necro mage to a team fight is just doing your team a disservice.

smoke bombs are another thing that ruined uo, it allows players to completely avoid any confrontation and just sit around yew ganking all night

Ninja wolf form is not over powered, the thousand ways to be dismounted is. This negates most templates like pure mages, necro mages, pure dexxers...why even list? What template shouldn't have ninja at this point with the insane amount of dismount

either way the best thing to do is play around the OPness, adapt, and play the templates yourself.

Boom [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Cow,

When has dismount not been utilized??

Khal [GoD+]
the Adept Flamer

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:45 pm

aMadCow wrote:mysticism is definitely over powered in terms of mages. Bringing a pure mage or necro mage to a team fight is just doing your team a disservice.
LOL WHAT?
aMadCow wrote:The best one is Khal and it's because he's a good healer.
Bane321 wrote:Cal, I don't know if you realize this, but he's been playing a mage for much longer than two years lol. And Btw, Moose is probably about just as good as you are at dueling.