*Official* Tournament of Champions Brackets - Tournament Concluded!

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.
Orionx
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:20 am

The Tournament of Champions
Start Date 3/18/2017 (Brackets Updated as of 4/2)

If You wish to spectate and you are NOT a competitor there are 10 VIP viewing spots open. First come first serve. These are 50 mil a pop. Don't miss the epic Finale! (VIP tickets cover tournament viewing for both Semi Final Matches and the Grand Final)
Official Ruleset
The Tournament of Champions will use the following ruleset: Field Fight 1v1 Any template
- No Summons - No Forms - No Taming - No Chiv - No Shatter Pots -No Hiding -No Stealth -No Invis Items -No precasting prior to wall dropping [bless is allowed]
(Additional bans not listed or in question can be added at my discretion) (Don't get clever)

-Competitors will use the same template throughout the whole tournament, if a player changes his/her template mid tournament said player is immediately disqualified, no exceptions.

- You MUST bring all necessary equipment/potions/apples to last you the duration of your round. Competitors will not be allowed to leave to restock during the rounds.

There is 1 WildCard spot. Whoever among you wants in, I'l include based on first interest, courtesy is extended to previous Champions if they have a nomination, Good Luck to all of you.

BattleGrounds
At the time of your respective round, both competitors will be contacted Via ICQ and gated to an undisclosed location (These locations will change for every round)
- At this time you will fight a best of 3 to see who goes on into the next round

Grand Prize: 4 Billion Gold

The Semi Finals and Grand Final will be a best of 5 and will be held at a venue where people can watch, this venue has not been determined yet and that information will follow

Any Questions: ICQ Orion @ 619003242
Last edited by Orionx on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Carter730 [N-N]
the Posting Master

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:33 am

Sweet I'm pumped. Epyc I know you are in Germany. Let me know a time that you can work with. Pm me.

Virem [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:25 am

Please remove the wildcard spot that I have to fight. It's ridiculous I would have to fight anyone first round when I am the actual champion of this exact format.

Orionx
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 am

Virem wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:25 am
Please remove the wildcard spot that I have to fight. It's ridiculous I would have to fight anyone first round when I am the actual champion of this exact format.
I've made the change. There is only 1 Wild Card Entry for whoever speaks up first, claim the spot and try your luck to be crowned Champion. Best of Luck to you all.

de LEET ed
the Adept Flamer

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:41 am

I feel like the whole "cant leave after each round" to get pots etc is kind of crazy i mean, some of these rounds might be half an hour it seems silly to give the winner of who runs out of cure pots first the round. Why not gate both parties to a private bank after each round to restock that way theres no funny business, then gate to the next location?

Orionx
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:55 am

Bring Pack Horses on a Mule, you arn't leaving.

Blazing InfernO [God]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:09 am

3 questions:

- we fight mounted or dismounted?

- close area?

-fields allowed?

Orionx
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:53 am

The fights will be on Foot. There is nothing in the rules that says anything about not using fields, so yes they are allowed. As far as the area is concerned... just expect it to mimic your everyday field fight conditions. You will just be missing your trusty steeds.

Epyc[EU]
the Novice Poster

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:42 am

de LEET ed wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:41 am
I feel like the whole "cant leave after each round" to get pots etc is kind of crazy i mean, some of these rounds might be half an hour it seems silly to give the winner of who runs out of cure pots first the round. Why not gate both parties to a private bank after each round to restock that way theres no funny business, then gate to the next location?
This.

Orionx
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:46 am

I wouldn't worry too much about minor details, everything will be covered so it works smoothly and efficiently. Just prepare yourselves for the matches.

Blazing InfernO [God]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 am

I feel that whoever made the rules was under the influence of heavy drugs :D

No mount...ok I understand because some players are bad, and we must give them the advantage to play footed because they will get dismounted and pwned easily.

But allowing fields too is totally mage with deadly poison weapon oriented, so we could call this the tournament of dp mages :lol:

As the King of PvP Mike D would say " IS THIS MAGERY ONLINE?"

Aeyko [UMAD]
the PVP Champion

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 am

Merkd, let me know when you're ready so we can set this up.

Aeyko [UMAD]
the PVP Champion

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 am

Orionx wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 am
Virem wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:25 am
I've made the change. There is only 1 Wild Card Entry for whoever speaks up first, claim the spot and try your luck to be crowned Champion. Best of Luck to you all.
If no one speaks up, I'd like to nominate Chrs the Wizard aka Ren. He doesn't post on boards but he'd be a nice entry in this tourney

Carter730 [N-N]
the Posting Master

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:48 am

For the supplies it's best of 3 in a field fight. Just bring a packy with supplies you'll need and grab them in between fights. Also a heads up for those lp splinter mages make sure you bring powder of fort!

Merkd [SG]
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:03 am

Aeyko wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 am
Yup don't think my splint DP mage will be done so.. looks like I'm kicking it old school and going ai mage. So I guess I'm ready whenever we can both be on

Aeyko [UMAD]
the PVP Champion

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:14 am

Merkd wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:03 am
Aeyko wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 am
Yup don't think my splint DP mage will be done so.. looks like I'm kicking it old school and going ai mage. So I guess I'm ready whenever we can both be on
I'll be on tonight if that works for Orin and yourself. Anytime after 4:00pm eastern I should be online if that works for all parties involved.

Paithan
the Eldest Elder

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Carter730 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:48 am
For the supplies it's best of 3 in a field fight. Just bring a packy with supplies you'll need and grab them in between fights. Also a heads up for those lp splinter mages make sure you bring powder of fort!
Out of curiosity.. what do you guys suspect would happen if people were allowed to restock after fights? I don't get it. Seems like an odd rule. Especially if you realize you forgot a supply for the first fight or something.

Deep Balls [DOOP]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Blazing InfernO wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 am
I feel that whoever made the rules was under the influence of heavy drugs :D

No mount...ok I understand because some players are bad, and we must give them the advantage to play footed because they will get dismounted and pwned easily.

But allowing fields too is totally mage with deadly poison weapon oriented, so we could call this the tournament of dp mages :lol:

As the King of PvP Mike D would say " IS THIS MAGERY ONLINE?"
the last mage fight u were involved at, u namechanged to be not embarassed and got rekt by Randythekingofthehill. Stick to 4/6 chiv retard with cancer

Carter730 [N-N]
the Posting Master

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:27 pm

I don't think it's a problem of worrying about what people might get, it's more of a time issue. Orion is not only putting up 4b he's putting his time into this tournament that's not just one day it's spread out so in this case it's fair to him that once you've agreed upon a time and date with your opponent, you have supplies for three fights... you have plenty of time to think of every pot you want to bring.... don't want to wait for people to un flag, go to their house potentially more than once in a 3 match set. I don't see what the problem is. You know what you need beforehand, you have the items, you get a packy. Bring it, and fight your bo3. I think this is a small concession since he's putting up 4 bill, and all his time?

Mr Kyrite
the Adept Flamer

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Carter730 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:27 pm
I don't think it's a problem of worrying about what people might get, it's more of a time issue. Orion is not only putting up 4b he's putting his time into this tournament that's not just one day it's spread out so in this case it's fair to him that once you've agreed upon a time and date with your opponent, you have supplies for three fights... you have plenty of time to think of every pot you want to bring.... don't want to wait for people to un flag, go to their house potentially more than once in a 3 match set. I don't see what the problem is. You know what you need beforehand, you have the items, you get a packy. Bring it, and fight your bo3. I think this is a small concession since he's putting up 4 bill, and all his time?
Do we wait till the 18th or we start right away?